22 Mar Top 10 benefits of Amaranth
Amaranth is an ancient grain that is loaded with healthy nutrients. Here are the top 10 benefits of Amaranth.
1. Straight-up Nutrition: Amaranth is a complete protein and contains
more minerals than most vegetables.
2. Immune System Support: This is the only grain that contains vitamin C.
It’s also high in vitamin E and other antioxidants.
3. Weight Loss Assistance: Amaranth is 15% protein, which lowers insulin
levels and triggers a hormone that suppresses your appetite.
4. Heart Help: Amaranth balances cholesterol and is an excellent source of
omega fatty acids. Also, the potassium helps with blood pressure.
5. Bone Health and Development: The high calcium content, as well as
other minerals in amaranth make it excellent for bone health.
6. Digestive Support: The high fiber content of the whole grain allows for
smooth digestion and ensures that your body is able to use the nutrients
you’re taking in.
7. Vision Care: High levels of carotenoids and antioxidants in amaranth
support eye health.
8. Neural Tube Defect Prevention: Amaranth is high in folate, which can
reduce the risk of birth defects early in pregnancy.
9. Hair Care: Amaranth contains lysine, anamlno acid that is excellent for
healthy hair growth and for preventing baldness.
10. Cellular Oxygenation: Amaranth is high in squalene, which can prevent
disease by getting oxygen into cells and stopping mutations.